#1 Pardinha

Pardinha

Mestre de Android

• Moderadores Globais
  • 4468 mensagens
  • LocalizaçãoAveiro
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+ Nvidia Shield K1 Nexus Player

Mensagem publicada 29 October 2012 - 14:10

Pimp my rom é um conjunto de tweaks que normalmente não vemos em roms stock mas que usam um kernel unsecure com root.
Aconselho a usarem com cuidado para não imporem algo que o vosso kernel já não tenha, ou instalar algo que já venha na vossa custom rom. Aconselho estes tweaks a todos que não usam roms custom, claro que eu uso uma e instalei uns tweaks só para ver. Até agora zero problemas.

Imagem colocada

Imagem colocada

Imagem colocada

Imagem colocada

Imagem colocada

Build.prop Tweaks :[/U]

- Better jpg image quality

- Better camera recording quality

- Lock launcher in memory

- Battery savings

- Disable kernel error checking

- Dalvik VM tweaks

- Faster scrolling

- Better touch responsiveness

- Faster browsing and download speed

- Allow purgeable assets

- Reduce dialing time

- Misc 3G tweaks

- Deeper sleep

- Reduce black-screen time of proximity sensor after a call

- Smoother video streaming

- Faster wifi connect/disconnect

- Overall smoothness improvements

- Increase the size of VM heap

Imagem colocada

- Enable hardware video acceleration

- Disable Android logger

- Enable Android logger

- Enable gpu UI rendering

- Enable HSUPA

- Enable JIT (Just In Time) Compiler for Dalvik vm

- Disable Normalized Sleeper

- Disable Gentle Fair Sleepers

- Disable New Fair Sleepers

- Enable surface dithering

- Disable Boot-Animation (doesn't work on ics and +)

- Disable usage-data sending

- Disable volume buttons wake

- Disable adb notification icon

- Buttons backlight always enabled when screen on

- 16bit Transparency

Imagem colocada

- Add support for OpenVPN connections

- Install Awesome Beats Audio dsp manager for a greater sound experience

- Install Adrenaline Boost Script

- Install Sony Walkman suite : Music Player & Visualizer, Clearbass soundfx and Image Gallery & Editor

Imagem colocada

• Choose between 4 levels of OOM (Out Of Memory) Groupings : Low//Mid//High//Very High
  • Choose between 4 levels of Minfree Low Memory Killer settings : Low // Mid // High // Very High
  • Choose between 2 levels of ZRAM Compression : 64mb // 128mb
  • Tweak your kernel to be adapted and stable on high multitasking conditions
  • Tweak your Dalvik Virtual Machine to be adapted and stable on high multitasking conditions

Imagem colocada

Choose between 79 countries + 5 continents of gps.conf files:
Having the right gps.conf file for your country is esssential for the accuracy and lock-speed of your gps)

Code:
Africa
Asia
Europe
North America
Oceania
South America

Angola
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Brazil
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Canada
Chile
China
Costa-Rica
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
El Salvador
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Guatemala
Hong-Kong
Hungary
India
Indonesia
Iran
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Korea
Kyrgyzstan
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Netherlands
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Republic of Serbia
Romania
Russian Federation
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Tanzania
Thailand
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States of America
Uzbekistan
Venezuela
Vietnam
Yugoslavia

Imagem colocada

Security :

• Protect yourself against SYN attacks and the DoS (Denial of Service) they cause by reinforcing your tcp/ip stacks
  • Block redirects
  • Block source-routing : source-routing allows one to fully trace the packets he sends, thus it can be used by blackhats to hack into your device
Stability and Speed :
  • Increase queue and buffer size of all tcp sockets to make it more stable in high broadband consumption conditions
  • Avoid TIME-WAIT state by re-using the Sockets in time-wait state. Reduces network memory-loading
  • Various IPv4 speed improvements
  • DNS tweaks for faster name resolution, thus faster connection to websites + ppp0 interface speed tweaks

Imagem colocada

- Download the version of Pimp My Rom that corresponds to your device's screen resolution (Not sure what res your device is ? Here is a well-furnished list of android devices with their screen-res)

- Make sure you are running a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)

- Make sure you have busybox installed, if you don't or if you're not sure, download Busybox Installer from the Play Store (free)

- Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case

- Wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery

- Flash PmR in recovery

- A wonderful touchscreen interface will pop-up
(devices need different touchscreen calibration, if the touchscreen doesn't work, use the menu button of your device, select "Calibration Tools" and follow the instructions)

- Follow the on-screen instructions, make your choices between all the different features to Pimp your Rom

- Select "Reboot my device" on last screen (or reboot from recovery) and enjoy Imagem colocada

Encountering installation issues ?

Do the following to fix most errors you might get on some devices :

• Open the zip of the rom you are running with winrar or 7zip or whatever (the .zip file that you flash in recovery)
  • Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android
  • Extract the file called "update-binary" and rename it to "update-binary-installer" then close your rom's zip
  • Open Pimp my Rom's zip (i.e : PIMP_MY_ROM-v1.5.3-by-Androguide.fr.zip)
  • Do not unzip it, inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android and delete "updater-binary-installer"
  • Now copy the "update-binary-installer" file you extracted & renamed from your rom to Pimp My Rom's zip (still in META-INF/com/google/android). Simply drag and drop it into PmR's zip to add it.
  • Close the zip and flash it
You can find Pimp my Rom fully translated in Spanish right here, thanks to dj_stikes & Boxer145

Imagem colocada

>>> v2.1.2 <<<

XHDPI Devices :

(= Very high resolution // Very Large screens)

Download Here
md5 : http://tinyw.in/YEZ3
Size : 32.41 mb

HDPI Devices :

(= High resolution // Large screens)

MDPI Devices :

(= Mid resolution // Mid screens)

LDPI Devices :

(= Low resolution // Small screens)

Having weird display / texture / ghost inputs issues with the installer ?
Then Open the version of PmR you downloaded, navigate to META-INF/com/google/android and delete the file called "update-binary", then download this file and put it there instead.

Modification, Repackaging, Redistribution and Mirroring of this project are strictly forbidden unless I explicitly allowed you to do so !

Imagem colocada

v2.1.2

- Fixed conflicting tweaks that caused bootloops and/or were breaking network on some devices
~ Please report if these kind of issues persist ~

- Made the package lighter by removing some unused left-over files from previous versions

v2.1.1

- Fixed missing chmod script which was preventing init.d scripts from running

- Possible fix for the apps that aren't installed properly on some devices

v2.1

• Introducing a new tweaks selection screen : Pimp my Kernel
  • --> Tweak 6 of the most common CPU Governors : Ondemand//OndemandX//Interactive//SmartassV2//Lulzactive//Conservative
  • --> Tweak your default I/O Scheduler & Disable I/O Stats
  • --> Disable & Re-Enable VSync
  • --> Disable Normalized Sleeper // Gentle Fair Sleepers // New Fair Sleeper (just moved, was already there before)
  • -->Misc. Kernel Tweaks : Disable kernel error checking (already there before) // Sysctl kernel msgmin & msgmax tweak
  • Added an option to revert Adblocking
  • Fixed the issue where beats audio and walkman options would be displayed for gb roms when it shouldn't
  • Various bugfixes (a few swapped selections and unworking tweaks)
  • Removed the extra apps screen, this wasn't really matching the mainline of this project, since you can grab those apps from the market. Plus this makes the whole package lighter.
  • Switched to miui installer theme

v2.0

ø New Tweaks selection screen : Multitasking

==> Choose between :
  • 4 levels of OOM Priorities
  • 4 levels Minfree settings
  • 2 levels of ZRAM compression
  • Tweak your kernel and dalvik cache to behave well and be stable on hard multitasking conditions
ø New Tweaks selection screen : Networks & Internet

==> Security tweaks :
  • Reinforce your TCP/IP Stacks to make them resist to SYN attacks which cause a DoS (Denial of Service) on your device. Now those lame-ass blackhat hackers won't harm you with this.
  • Block redirects : auto website redirections will be blocked
  • Block source-routing : source-routing can be used to hack into your device as it allows full tracing of packets.
==> Stability & Speed tweaks :
  • Increase the buffer and queue size of each tcp socket to give more stability on high broadband consumption conditions
  • Allow the system to re-use the Sockets on TIME-WAIT state. In clear time-wait causes memory-loading, memory-loading causes internet lagg, internet lagg sucks.
  • Various IPv4 protocol speed tweaking scripts using sysctl
  • DNS and ppp0 tweaks for faster name-resolution, which means faster connections to websites.
ø New Tweaks selection screen : GPS Configuration

==> Choose between 79 countries (and 5 continents) of gps.conf files: those files are essential for the accuracy and lock-speed of your device's gps. (Thanks to gangsterjoop for the files)

ø New Adblock file of over 200 000 hosts ! (100x more than before) (Thanks to BSDgeek_Jake for the host file) --> added to extra features screen

ø New init.d scripts :
  • Move Dalvik-cache to /cache to increase data storage
  • Bind-mount dalvik-cache to allow a device to boot without sdcard (useful for devices with damaged internal sdcard)
  • Touchscreen responsiveness improvement tweaks
ø New Enable/Disable features :
  • Disable and Re-Enable Android logger
  • Disable Gentle Fair Sleepers
  • Disable New Fair Sleepers
  • Disable Normalized Sleeper
ø Rewritten every single init.d script :

This allowed me to realize many of them were not working, so I added a lot of missing values, and fixed a countless number of errors, redundant values and typos. So there should be some big improvement on the effects of init.d tweaks.
I also set an order of execution of init.scripts to avoid conflicts.

ø Removed themes and S-Voice

The S-Voice flaw that allowed other devices to use it appears to be patched and it was heavy, and themes were heavy and not really useful, you can download a countless number of them for free on the market

ø Changed installer theme to Sense

I realized that the options subtitles were not readable with ics theme, so most of the tweaks effects explainations were hidden.

ø Pimp My Rom will now come in two versions :

One will include the latest version of Aroma (with touchscreen working out-of-the-box, but issues on some devices) and One using Aroma v2.51 (With touchscreen calibration, and this version appears to fix the weird texture/ghost-input/moving screen/vibration issues people have with some devices with aroma v2.56)

ø Major code clean-up, various bugfixes

Re-organized and cleaned-up both aroma-config and updater-script
Fixed the way the installation process input displays sections and sub-sections
Fixed some tweaks getting installed instead of others when they shouldn't, and some other bugs

I'm pretty sure I forgot some stuff, I'll add it when it comes back in mind

Older Changelogs

Imagem colocada

Imagem colocada

- Implement Aroma file-manager for the user to select his base rom so I can automate the process of replacing update-binary-installer

- Add an option to replace your current boot-animation with an awesome Pimped boot-animation

- Include an option to modify build.prop dpi (To allow users to choose their workspace layout depending on their screen res).

- Add more build.prop and init.d tweaks

- Add Google now to stock roms options

- Implement Installer Language selection

- Got suggestions ? Please post them !

Imagem colocada

Pimp My Rom works on maybe 99% of the android devices, these are only the ones users confirmed working
Remember that results might differ on the same device, depending on the rom, kernel and recovery

- Acer Liquid Metal (codename ?)

- Asus Infinity (TF700)

- Asus Eee Pad (TF101)

- Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T)

- Cube U30GT-H (Chinese Tab)

- Google-Asus Nexus 7 (Grouper)

- HP Touchpad (codename ?)

- HTC Amaze (codename ?)

- HTC Desire S (S510E)

- HTC Desire Z (codename ?)

- HTC Droid Incredible (codename ?)

- HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)

- HTC Explorer (A310e)

- HTC Incredible S (S710e)

- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (codename ?)

- HTC Thunderbolt (ADR6400L)

- HTC Tattoo (Click)

- HTC Vision (T-mobile G2)

- Huawei Ascend (g300)

- Huawei Honor (U8660)

- Huawei U8030 (codename ?)

- Huawei u8800pro (codename ?)

- Le Pan II Tablet (codename ?)

- LG G2x (P999 DW)

- LG optimus one (P500)

- LG Optimus 3D (P920)

- LG Optimistic V (VM670)

- Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860)

- Motorola Bravo (MB520)

- Motorola Defy (codename?)

- Motorola Droid X (MB810)

- Motorola Droid 2 (DW2E)

- Motorola Photon Q (codename ?)

- Motorola Triumph (Virgin Mobile model)

- Samsung Galaxy Ace + (S7500)

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250)

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Verizon)

- Samsung Nexus S (i9020)

- Samsung Nexus S (SCLCD - i9023)

- Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4g (Ancora)

- Samsung Galaxy Gio (S5660)

- Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000)

- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000)

- Samsung Galaxy Player 5 (YP-G70)

- Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile T989)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T i777)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (SHW M250k)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch (SPH-D710)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (ATT 1747)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - 7.0 (P3100)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G (P6800)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wifi (P6810)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Verizon (i815)

- Samsung Galaxy Y (S5360)

- Sony Live with Walkman (WT19)

- Sony Xperia Arc S (LT18i)

- Sony Xperia Mini (ST15i)

- Sony Xperia Neo (codename ?)

- Sony Xperia Neo V (codename ?)

- Sony Xperia Play (R800i)

- Sony Xperia Ray (ST18i)

- Sony Xperia Sola (MT27i)

- Sony Xperia U (codename ?)

- Test it on your other devices and report your results here please !

Imagem colocada

- Build.prop tweaks that have been selected twice will be written twice in build.prop (doesn't cause any problem however)
- This script won't work on devices with a safestrap recovery, as they aren't supported by Aroma-Installer
- You might encounter freezes during the aroma-installation. The best way to avoid those is to install TWRP 2.3+ or to use the volume buttons/power button to make your tweaks selection.
- You tell me

[center]Imagem colocada

- The installer flashed properly, you chose the features you wanted, but the installation process is blank ? Then do the following to fix that issue :
  • Open the zip of the rom you are running (the .zip file that you flash in recovery)
  • Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android
  • Extract the file called "update-binary" and rename it to "update-binary-installer"
  • Open Pimp my Rom's zip (i.e : PIMP_MY_ROM-v1.4.1-Universal.zip)
  • Inside this zip, navigate to : META-INF/com/google/android and delete "updater-binary-installer"
  • Now copy the "update-binary-installer" file you extracted from your rom to Pimp My Rom's zip (still in META-INF/com/google/android)
  • Close the zip and flash it, the installation process should now work normally so you can Pimp your Rom ! Imagem colocada
- The installer's gui isn't scaled to your device's screen-resolution ? Make sure you downloaded the right version (ldpi/mdpi/hdpi/xhdpi)

- Want to report a bug or an issue ? Please attach the install log to your post (Press the "Save Logs" button after the install is completed). There is no way I can fix your issue without this log.

- The touchscreen doesn't work "out-of-the-box" ? Press the menu button of your device, select "Calibrating Tools" and follow the instructions to calibrate your touchscreen.

- The touchscreen doesn't work "out-of-the-box" and your device doesn't have a menu button ? You can use the volume up/down buttons to navigate and scroll and the power button to select.

- Scrolling up and down lists with the touchscreen can sometimes be a bit hard, you can use the volume buttons instead.

- PmR will only display the options that are compatible with your rom (i.e you won't see the gapps options if you're running a stock rom)

- You didn't install every tweaks/mods/features/apps you wanted the first time you Pimped your rom ? You want to remove some tweaks ? Then simply reflash PmR and turn on/off what you want, you can flash PmR as many times as you want on the same rom.

Fonte: XDA Developers
  • Magic, hramaki e silviofontes23 gosta disto

Queres ajuda? Clica aqui

#2 matrix825

matrix825

Geek de Android

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 mensagens
  • LocalizaçãoLisboa
  • Em vias de... :P

Mensagem publicada 23 November 2012 - 01:35

Era porreiro se a própria app detectasse quais os Tweaks já activos. Nem que se basease na ROM e respectiva versão, para achegar ao ChangeLOG

Mas, não deixa de ser interessante. Aliás, se não fosse, certamente que não viria na FoxHound xD
  • Pardinha gosta disto

HTC Desire

Samsung Galaxy S3   ->   Samsung Galaxu S3 LTE   ->   Samsung Galaxy S4

LG G2

#3 Pardinha

Pardinha

Mestre de Android

• Moderadores Globais
  • 4468 mensagens
  • LocalizaçãoAveiro
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+ Nvidia Shield K1 Nexus Player

Mensagem publicada 23 November 2012 - 08:15

Era porreiro se a própria app detectasse quais os Tweaks já activos. Nem que se basease na ROM e respectiva versão, para achegar ao ChangeLOG

Mas, não deixa de ser interessante. Aliás, se não fosse, certamente que não viria na FoxHound xD

Era uma boa feature sem dúvidas, até porque instalei uma vez e o telefone nunca mais arrancou, lol, há coisas que tem de se ter muito cuidado. Julgo que este mod é melhor ser usado em roms stock, pois as custom já têm a maior parte destes tweaks.

Queres ajuda? Clica aqui

#4 hramaki

hramaki

Mestre de Android

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3198 mensagens
  • LocalizaçãoPontinha - Lisboa
  • 1+ X & Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi

Mensagem publicada 23 November 2012 - 08:29

Qualquer das formas já tinha conhecimento... pois vem com a "acarinhada" FoxHound... Acho uma excelente solução de quem gosta de look stock e tudo stock...
Ficará com um leão em pele de gatinho :D